CONCORD is looking for a policy officer
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 20 international networks and 3 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We are a not for profit organisation, registered under Belgian law as an a.i.s.b.l - Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif - (An international not for profit association).
Our mission is to ensure that the European Non-Governmental Development Organisation (NGDO) movement is active and fully engaged in promoting EU policies that have a positive impact on developing countries. We also work to ensure that the role of NGDOs is valued and protected as an authentic voice of European civil society that is engaged in issues of development and global justice.
CONCORD is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. We strongly encourage persons with disabilities to apply.
About the role
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to help us achieve our strategic objectives in a number of specific policy areas. This is a unique opportunity to support CONCORD members in the policy and advocacy work thanks to your analytical, strategic, organisational and communication skills and your enthusiasm of producing excellent content.
Working closely with the Policy and Advocacy Team, you will take part in the team coordination mechanisms, as well as take up an active role in liaising closely with the relevant groups of members and other stakeholders to ensure constructive mobilisation dynamics to advance our advocacy and policy work.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Working with the Head of department:
➔ Support the organisation of workshops on toolkits (30%) until July
● Prepare the organisation of a regional workshop on CSO Roadmaps and Gender toolkits
● Support the Head of department in linking up with members and partners attending theevent
● Facilitate the finalisation of the programme, liaise with members regarding the workshop outcomes and prepare the logistics (venue, invitation) and follow up on theworkshop
➔ Support the Hub 3 Funding Community (20% until December)
● Facilitate the analysis of the staff working document, organise a survey with members on the different instruments, support members in contacting their committee repsetc.
● Share messages and outcomes acrossConcord
● Coordinate and support meetings and calls and liaise with other working structures inConcord
➔ Bi-regional communities (EU-CELAC and ACP/JEAS working groups) (30% until December)
● Facilitate and coordinate the work of EU-CELAC and ACP/JAES communities in Concord
● Develop tool (e.g. toolkit, webinars, intel-sharing tool) to support the advocacy strategy towards governments and EUinstitutions
● Organise meetings with key lobby targets including the current Council Presidency, DEVCO and the ACPSecretariat
Working with the overall Policy and Advocacy Team:
➔ Participate in the weekly policy team and other staff meetings
➔ Provide support for short ad hoc assignments in the policy team
You will have:
● A strong commitment to our vision of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, on an equal basis, free from poverty andsustainability
● 1 - 4 years experience (including internships) in civil society organizations supporting policy and advocacy work and the organisation ofevents
● Sound knowledge of European policies and the EU policy-makingprogress
● Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to write clear and accessibletexts.
● Strong organisational and task management skills, a proactive and self-directed worker
● Strong analytical and problem solvingskills
● Good interpersonal and diplomaticskills
● High computer literacyskills
● Fluent in English. French/Spanish considered anasset
Conditions of employment including benefits
Post based in Brussels, Belgium
100% fixed term contract for 8 months Reporting to the Head of Policy and Advocacy Grade - Policy Officer
Gross salary, depending on experience will be from € 2.981 3.066 per month (13.8 months a year).
CONCORD also provides hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers of €7 per working day and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
Please submit your one page cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com copy. Please use the subject heading Application Policy Officer plus your name
Closing Date: 22 April 2018 midnight CET Interview dates: Week of 28th April 2018 Starting date: 15th May 2018
T. +32 2/743.87.60http://www.mundo-j.org/fr/Associations/Concord.html