CONCORD is looking for a Finance Coordinator
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 23 international networks and 4 associate members that represent more than 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We are a not for profit organisation, registered under Belgian law as an a.i.s.b.l - Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif - (An international not for profit association).
We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We aim to strengthen the impact of European development NGOs vis-à-vis the European Institutions and to positively influence the European Development policies for a fair, just and sustainable world.
CONCORD envisions a world where people enjoy their right to live free of poverty and exploitation as well as their right to enjoy wellbeing and equality. This must be achieved by a citizen-led transformative agenda based on social justice and gender equality and respecting diversity and the limits of our planetary capacity.
If youre looking for meaningful work as an experienced Finance Coordinator in a confederation committed to bettering lives around the world with a team of dedicated professionals and wonderful people we would love to hear from you!
Main responsibilities and tasks
For the next 3 EU presidencies, (21 months in total) CONCORD will be part of an EC-funded presidency project. As CONCORD integrates this new source of funding to its current resources which include an operational grant from the European Commission, we are looking for the additional support of a Finance Coordinator to effectively implement and monitor this budget line alongside our other funding streams.
As CONCORDs Finance Coordinator you will be part of the Resources Team currently comprising our Head of Resources, our Events & Procurement Officer and our Accountant.
With the support of the Head of Resources and the oversight of the Director, you will be responsible for accurately maintaining CONCORDs financial records pertaining to this project, elaborating and monitoring the project budget line in conjunction with our other funding streams, ensuring that there is no risk of double funding and producing the necessary reports for our different donors and stakeholders so that we meet all our statutory, contractual and legal obligations. You will also ensure that CONCORDs financial procedures and systems are correctly applied with respect to this project and that the Director and staff are regularly and adequately informed of the projects budgetary situation.
Full Job Description
● BUDGET MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL COORDINATION
○ Oversees all book-keeping relevant to the project, reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments in compliance with our internal rules and legal obligations;
○ Elaborates the projects budget and forecasts resource allocation in conjunction with CONCORDs other funding streams;
○ Monitors the diverse budget lines to ensure there is no risk of double funding with the help of our Budget Tracking Tool system;
○ Gathers and retrieves financial data as required for our budget planning and tracking; verifies that all income and expenditure is being accurately encoded and that the data compiled is complete;
○ Generates quality information and analysis when needed to support and inform the organizations decisions relative to this project;
● FINANCIAL REPORTING
○ Updates and maintains the projects reporting templates and tools in compliance with our contractual obligations;
○ Coordinates, prepares and generates the projects financial reports with the support of the HoD, reviewing financial performance against budget and providing analysis/commentary when necessary for staff, management and our governance bodies;
● FINANCE PROCEDURES & WAYS of WORKING
○ Reviews and develops new finance systems, policies and procedures as relevant to CONCORDs structure and the specificities of the presidency project;
○ Ensures that these systems are understood and followed by staff (Budget Tracking Tool, Purchase Order, Procurement etc.).
This role description is not prescriptive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other responsibilities reasonably required by the Resources Team in order to support and fulfil the purpose of the role.
You will have:
ü Substantial experience in coordinating an organisations finances, preferably in an NGO environment;
ü Excellent budget tracking and analytical skills;
ü A keen eye for detail and a proven track record of monitoring and reporting on grants and/or public funding;
ü Knowledge of current EC grant management;
ü A robust understanding of accounting and of book-keeping in a Belgian organization;
ü Some understanding of the Belgian payroll and familiarity with relevant Belgian legislation;
ü Rigorous organisational skills, with an interest in developing and improving methodological and constructive ways of working;
ü Excellent communication skills with a good command of English and French (the two working languages of the office)
ü Integrity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
ü A commitment to CONCORDs accountability and to the effective use of our resources;
ü Computer literacy and be familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the G-suite tools. Knowledge of Winbooks or similar accounting software would also be an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
Post based in Brussels, Belgium
Grade: Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Resources
At present a half-time fixed-term position is envisaged. This may change according to the needs of CONCORD.
The Gross salary, depending on experience, will be from € 3376/month pro rata temporis (for 13.8 months a year). CONCORD also provides hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
Please submit your one page cover letter and CV by e-mail to email@example.com by midnight CET on Thursday 24 January 2019 and include the position (CONCORD Finance Coordinator) plus your name in the subject of the email.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disabilities, or length of time spent unemployed.
Jeudi 10 janvier 2019 / Jeudi 24 janvier 2019
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60http://www.mundo-j.org/fr/Associations/Concord.html